The ideal candidate should have excellent people and communication skills to create long-term relations. A team-player with strong analytical skills in order to understand market circumstances and to be able to argument his ideas to respond to them. A proper understanding of the execution process of the trade(s) is a requirement. Able to work under deadlines and willing to learn and accept feedback in order to improve.
Our client is a driven and motivated trading company located in the province Noord-Brabant, The Netherlands.
Within the global Feedstuff market, my client's functions as a service providing extension between supply and demand, with a strong logistical function towards our clients in terms of security and flexibility.
Being granted with the GMP+ certificate our client has a constant focus on the Quality (control) to be able to deliver our products and services according to the latest quality requirements to ensure maximum traceability.
To secure a Quality assured supply throughout the year, our client has strong partnerships in the world of logistics with terminals, stevedores, fleet-owners, rail carriers, freight brokers, (forwarding) agents and Gafta surveyors.
Our client is operating with a customer-oriented team, consisting of people with a passion for this field and with a broad experience in various aspects of the (soft) Commodity trade i.e. sourcing, trading, market-intelligence, logistics, documentary execution.
Mainly active in the Baltic sea, Northern Atlantic, North sea, Mediterranean, Black sea and Azov sea.
Originating material as close to the source as possible (FCA, CPT, DAP, FOB), while delivering on C&F(FO) a/o CIFFO terms in order to provide our clients with most possible flexibility and least exposure in the execution.
As a Trader you will be responsible to sell to a portfolio of clients, and also find new business opportunities for the organization. In addition, the worldwide purchase of Spices, Coffee, Cocoa, Tree nuts and Dairy products will fall within your responsibilities and daily duties.
- Maintaining and improving the relationships with clients through a professional and reliable approach
- Acquiring new customers and suppliers
- Keep track of your own accounts and portfolio
- Negotiation to purchase from the company's suppliers
- To be part of a team within a organization plenty of growth opportunities
- Having the logical understanding that although functioning as a Medior Trader, can be required to assist in others duties when necessary.
- Having experience and knowledge about the execution processes required in the Commodity Trading industry
- You are in the possession of the Cursus Graanhandel. If not, the person will be expected to follow it, given at the Erasmus University in Rotterdam (paid for by the company)
- You have experience in trading within a soft commodities company;
- You are dedicated, team-player and someone who is passionate abt the commodity trade;
- You have the ambition to succeed;
- You are comfortable with working under pressure;
- You have strong communication skills;
- You are a fluent speaker in English, Dutch and preferably also French.
- You are solution-oriented and positive-minded;
- You empathise when dealing with suppliers, clients or your colleagues;
- You have strong analytical skills and can translate this through arguments;
- You are able to form your own opinions out of your “search” for business opportunities; and sametime you are able to discuss them within the team before decisive actions are taken.