Junior Broker (Shipping)
My client is established in Genoa since 2009, the brokerage is comprised of a team of expert shipbrokers with past experience in world's leading commercial shipping sectors. Their goal is to provide services of the highest standards to their clients by giving solutions focused on ensuring complete client satisfaction.
As a Junior Broker you work with and form part of the chartering desk in Genova. This desk is responsible for the contracts of affreightment as well as time and spot charters of our gas tankers, making this department responsible for the largest part of our turnover and profit. As a Junior Broker you will assist the other team members in their daily work by keeping track of agenda’s, arranging meetings, answering calls, checking/issuing contracts. You will get the chance to build up knowledge of gas shipping, the gas market and our client base and to get involved in the planning of our fleet and negotiate freight rates, conditions and clauses with clients and brokers.
In addition you will be responsible for
- Communicating and coordinating with various internal and external parties, always focusing on quality, service and reliability for our customers;
- Obtaining and maintaining market knowledge in order to be able to enter into negotiations with customers, negotiating the best possible prices and conditions with parties all over the world;
- Monitoring the progress and financial results of the various contracts and voyages.
We are looking for a candidate with the following
- HBO degree/level and affinity with commercial issues and maritime transport and/or logistics
- Fluent in Italian and English (written and verbal)
- Quality driven, good communication skills and able to work in a team
- Strong negotiating skills with a focus on customer satisfaction
- No 9 to 5 mentality
- A challenging job with a great deal of responsibility and scope for personal ideas;
- A good salary with a strong bonus scheme
- A fixed year-end bonus of one month's salary
- A premium-free pension
- 25 days of holiday