Junior Cocoa Trader
As Trader you will drive sales and profitability of my clients Cocoa desk. You will be fully responsible of the cocoa sales, trade volumes and margins. You must possess high energy, drive, creativity and superb communication skills to be a closer as well as gathering new counterparties (Suppliers and Customers). You will be reporting to the Commercial Manager of Cocoa.
My client is an international trading company based in Barcelona, Spain, with a multi-lingual team of experts in procurement and sales of food ingredients such us cocoa, coffee, tea.
- Responsible for purchase and sales within the category of cocoa
- Manages supplier relationships
- Ensures optimal customer satisfaction
- Responsible for handling of commercial issues/complaints
- Visions and puts it in place new trade opportunities and product development
- Follows up of international market developments
- Follows up of the results and suggests corrective action plans when needed
- Contributes to continuously improve the work procedures and systems of the desk
- Ensure all suppliers meet our stringent vendor approval requirements
- Participates in and contributes to the sales meetings
- Entrepenurial minded
- Minimum Bachelor level (ideally International Trade and/or Agricultural education)
- At least 3 years experience in a trade role in food business
- Experience in an import/export environment and successful customer service experience
- Affinity with food ingredients industry
- Proven excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Effective contract negotiation skills
- Awareness of relevant prevailing quality and food safety regulations
- Being able to prioritize, meet deadlines and work with minimal direction
- Stress resistant
- Proficiency of the Spanish and English language (in writing and verbally) is a must; any other European language is a plus
- An “international” mindset, result driven, attention to detail and a team player
- Bonus driven individual
- Willingness to travel, also internationally for about 35% of your time.
- An exciting and challenging role in a rapidly growing international company;
- Full time (40 hours a week)
- A workspace right in the center of Barcelona (closed to Las Ramblas)
- Good working conditions and a pleasant and dynamic work environment;
- A good remuneration package with a strong bonus scheme;
- Strong and tangible possibilities of growth internally.
Are you interested in the above profile? PL-A is looking forward to receiving your application! By clicking the ‘apply button’ you will be directed to an application screen where you can apply for the position Junior Cocoa Trader with your resume/cv.