Junior Gas Trader
The Italian company is a subsidiary of the Group, a leading company in the energy sector. The Italian market is amongst the most important for the Group; now present with subsidiaries in many European countries and active throughout the energy supply chain. In Italy, the Group was able to grow through its subsidiary during the beginning of the electricity market liberalization process.
Today, the Company is not only active in selling and trading energy products as well as derivatives, but acts as a center for the development and support for industrial Group projects in this country. The Group has developed a detailed business plan to acquire its own production capacity.
The Company in Italy trades the full range of energy commodities such as electricity, gas, oil, renewable energies, forex and it is responsible for optimization and hedging of physical production assets in Italy.
- Financial and physical gas trading on different trading hubs in Italy and Europe (PSV, TTF etc.)
- Market analysis related to the gas market:
- statistical analysis for time series
- fundamental analysis (supply and demand)
- Ad-hoc analysis and periodical reports
- Interaction with traders, analysts and schedulers to coordinate timing, pricing and scheduling of transactions
- Review commodity, transportation and storage contracts to understand obligations and opportunities
- External relationships with key suppliers, service providers and trade groups
- Co-operation with risk management, middle office Dept.
- Master’s Degree in Financial Economics, Mathematics or Engineering with strong quantitative background
- 2/3 years working experience in gas/power trading activities or in similar position in Energy firms or investment banking
- Market experience and understanding of Italian and/or European natural gas/power markets
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability in collection, analysis, and synthesis of information
- Ability to understand and utilize computer systems and applications as tools for analysis, including good command of spreadsheet (Excel) and database
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills
- Good communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strongly oriented to results in a dynamic environment
- Fluent in English and Italian is a must