Senior Trader Solvents
My client is is an internationally known solid partner in Trading, Logistics, Distribution and Supply Chain Management, mostly in chemicals and steel. More than 1.500 motivated and skilled employees, cooperating in an open company structure, are the key to Manuchar’s success, as they guarantee every day our high standards for quality and service, and contribute to our further expansion.
The main objective of the Senior Trader Solvents is to grow a portfolio of profitable customers & transactions through the creation of strong relationships with trustworthy customers and suppliers within the emerging markets (Central/South America, Caribbean Islands, MENA, Asia and CIS). As Senior Trader you take responsibility to set and pursue the (trading) market development strategy for your assigned region and actively participate in setting the global strategy for your product portfolio. The Senior Trader reports to the BU Manager Chemicals. Frequent travel to the assigned region and occasional global travel will be needed.
- Minimum 5-10 years experience in the chemical trading business, preferably solvents
- Knowledge of chemicals products like solvents is essential.
- Understand the complexities of the liquid supply chain and has the ability to unravel them
- Has the willingness to travel to emerging economies and build relationships and deals with various types of people & cultures
- Has the ability to work in a commercial matrix organization
- Is pragmatic, no nonsense mentality
- Speaks English and Spanish
- Has a network in the business and has a good understanding of the market: products, applications, suppliers, customers, competition
- Commercial prospecting and negotiation skills and experience
- Enthusiastic and goal oriented person who likes to take initiative with a large degree of autonomy
- A commercial feeling with the region (Americas) is a serious plus.
- Your education is a commercial or logistic oriented one (Commercial Engineer, Economic or Commercial Sciences, Sales Management, Forwarding & Logistics).
- A job full of variety with long-term perspectives in an international environment
- Cooperation with motivated & skilled colleagues in an open company culture
- An attractive remuneration package including fringe benefits