Supply Chain coordinator
My client believes non-ferrous scrap metal trading can be made easier. They want to be the most valued non-ferrous scrap metal trading partner and distributor in the market.
Operating in a dynamic and challenging market. They are taking bold steps to improve their operation and service level to become market leader in Europe.
From their site operation and headquarters in the Netherlands, They process more than 200.000 tons of non-ferrous scrap metal a year. Their impressive logistical operation includes a dedicated container terminal spanning 21.000 m2 from where they ship over 100 containers a week.
The products are sourced from scrap collectors in the Benelux, Germany and France as well as globally imported from Africa, Russia, Latin America and Pakistan. My client provides valuable services in quality assessment and grading of products, risk management and market insights to facilitate global trading to smelters in Asia and India. In our business, it is the sourcing of this material that gives them the competitive edge.
In your role as Supply Chain Coordinator, you will join a team of 5 professionals and will:
- Manage the export flow from A-Z; from creation of the contract until the delivery in the Port of Destination;
- Monitor performance of the supply chain through KPI tracking;
- Plan requirements and schedule shipments accordingly including working in our own digital platforms;
- Working closely with all shipping liners, border security, harbors and customers to ensure an excellent execution of planned arrivals;
- Manage the container and yard stock;
- Manage and align all operational issues of the supply chain processes internally as well as externally;
- Support the traders with planning, execution and all other operational issues;
- Manage all operational issues related to the outbound scrap flow to our customers in China, India, Pakistan and Korea;
- Managing of own responsibilities and budget.
- Passion for organizing within a logistic and dynamic environment;
- At least bachelor or master’s degree;
- 3-7 years’ experience in supply chain planning and in managing logistic flows. Experience with sea-shipping is a plus;
- Highly experienced with Excel;
- Open minded team player who is proactive and self-starting;
- Dutch and English language at professional proficiency.
We offer a very competitive compensation and complete benefits package, as well as the opportunity to develop in a dynamic, international and ambitious trading environment.