Trader Recycling Materials - French Market
My client believes non-ferrous scrap metal trading can be made easier. They want to be the most valued non-ferrous scrap metal trading partner and distributor in the market.
Operating in a dynamic and challenging market. They are taking bold steps to improve their operation and service level to become market leader in Europe.
From their site operation and headquarters in the Netherlands, They process more than 200.000 tons of non-ferrous scrap metal a year. Their impressive logistical operation includes a dedicated container terminal spanning 21.000 m2 from where they ship over 100 containers a week.
The products are sourced from scrap collectors in the Benelux, Germany and France as well as globally imported from Africa, Russia, Latin America and Pakistan. My client provides valuable services in quality assessment and grading of products, risk management and market insights to facilitate global trading to smelters in Asia and India. In our business, it is the sourcing of this material that gives them the competitive edge. To support them in executing their ambitious and ground-breaking business plan, we are looking for a highly motivated trader to join the team of traders and be part of their expansion in the French, Belgium and African markets.
As a trader you are responsible for sourcing non-ferrous scrap metal within a given territory. Your work to personal and team targets supporting our company objectives. You will have your own KPIs in order to make a significant contribution to the global trading team.
Part of your role will include performing macro-economic analyses, monitor market developments and trends, and translating these into a specific strategy for your territory, prospects and clients. You build lasting relationships with clients and show them how our added value services can help them grow their business. Your goal is to be the most valued non-ferrous scrap metal trader in your territory.
We provide a multi-disciplinary training program to get you up to speed with our products and the metals market. For the first 3 months you will be based at our headquarters in The Netherlands, where you will learn about our products, systems and processes, including the workings of our yard. After this initial training period you will be ready to start approaching clients and will spend time travelling and visiting suppliers in France, Belgium and/or Africa. After 12 months you will be a fully trained trader, operating in the field and managing your own targets, prospects and accounts.
- Responsible for sourcing a defined volume of scrap metal in your territory in line with defined KPIs on margin, quality and service
- Development of existing suppliers and stewardship of prospects (new business)
- Collating data and analysing the market potential in your territory. Monitoring macro-economic developments, trends and a bespoken purchase strategy for your territory to share with your team and manager
- Developing client relationships to increase share of wallet
- Educating clients to use our innovative trading tools
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Commercial talent with proven commercial record, negotiation and persuasion skills
- Hands-on approach
- Affinity to the pragmatic non-ferrous scrap metal market and our suppliers
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Able to work autonomously, plan, prioritise and organise own workload
- Affinity with computers and other ICT
EDUCATION AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Bachelor degree or proven experience working at a similar level
- 3-7 years experience in a commercial environment, preferably in the commodities sector
- Fluent in French and English language at professional proficiency
My client offers a competitive compensation and complete benefits package, as well as the opportunity to develop in a dynamic, international and ambitious trading environment.